Frequently Asked Questions

Check out the company, look at their reviews to gain confidence that the company will succeed with your hire, see our reviews page

How do I book? Please see our how to book page
Is insurance included? Yes, see details in our Terms and Conditions (pdf file) 25yrs+ for classic & 23yrs+ T5s & T6s
Are there any restrictions with the insurance? Yes, see details in Terms and Conditions 25yrs+ classic 23yrs+ T5s & T6s
Who can drive the bus? Whoever you put on the insurance, see details in Terms and Conditions 25yrs+ classic 23yrs+ T5s & T6s
How do I pick up my bus? Drive to our premises and leave your car with us, or by bus, train or plane and a short taxi trip
How long will it take to pick up my bus? Around 30 mins
What if I break down? 24 hr assistance from John & RAC cover
What type of fuel do they use? Unleaded petrol or diesel
Will my child seat fit? Yes they have 3 point seat belt fittings
Can we take our bikes? Yes bike racks are available to hire
Where can I leave my car? We have plenty of free inside safe storage where we house our campers

Where are you located? Ilkley for holiday hire, West Yorkshire, gateway to the Dales, North of Leeds, within very easy reach of Leeds, Bradford, Harrogate & York.
Otley for wedding viewings

To get directions by Google maps to us, enter your postcode below
To Ilkley from:

To Otley from:

What is the mileage limit? Retro 100 miles and Modern T5/T6 150 miles per day of hire, 35p a mile thereafter. This is more than adequate, it's rare to exceed this limit
How many miles per gallon? - we estimate about 40 mpg with the new ones and 25-35 mpg with the older ones
Are they difficult to drive? The retro ones are a unique fun driving experience, can be a challenge whereas the new ones are like most modern vehicles.
Is there a heater? Yes with the electric hookup (it really works!) A must in winter!
How many do they sleep? 4 people, see each camper for details
Can I bring my dog? Yes on application
What do I need to bring? Pillows, sleeping bags, toiletries (don’t panic, ask, we can advise you) keep it to a minimum
What cooking and eating utensils are provided? They are fully equipped for 4 people, inc salt & pepper, tea towels
Can we go abroad? Please enquire.
Are my personal belongings insured? Not by our insurance, but your household or travel policy should cover you
Can I bring my hairdryer?  Yes the electric hook-up provides power to the 240v sockets
Do we need to book campsites? Yes it is advisable to book your campsite, it is not legal in England or Wales to wild camp. See our campsites page